Deborah Siegel at Girl W/ Pen, one of Girldrive’s fairy godmothers, is trying to pass on this blog quiz. If you have a blog, repost this and add a question of your own!
(thanks to Feministing for the heads-up)
1. In 2009, women make up what percent of the U.S. Congress?
2. How many CEOs of Fortune 500 companies are female?
3. Who was the first First Lady to create her own media presence (ie hold regular press conferences, write a daily newspaper column and a monthly magazine column, and host a weekly radio show)?
A. Eleanor Roosevelt
B. Jacqueline Kennedy
C. Pat Nixon
D. Hillary Clinton
4. The Equal Rights Amendment was first introduced to Congress in:
5. Who was the first African-American woman to win the Nobel Prize for Literature?
A. Phyllis Wheatley
B. Alice Walker
C. Toni Morrison
D. Maya Angelou
6. What percentage of union members are women today?
7. What year did the Griswold v. Connecticut decision guarantee married women the right to birth control?
My added question:
8. What kick-ass woman said this phrase: “If I can’t dance, it’s not my revolution”?
A. Elizabeth Cady Stanton
B. Emma Goldman
C. Angela Davis
Answers in the comments section….